When a female’s tube is tied, it is 100% confirmed that pregnancy has been blocked permanently. But there have been numerous cases wherein people change their mind. What would you do if you undergo such a situation? Here is good news. There is a way out for your rescue in case you have already undergone sterilization surgery.
Generally, doctors may suggest you a surgery called “reverse tubal ligation”. The operation actually is done to untie, reopen, or reconnect the fallopian tubes so that you can get pregnant again.
But there are certain aspects that doctors will look into in case you approach for a reverse tubal ligation.
- Your age
- The type of operation you underwent earlier to tie your tubes
- The present health status of your remaining fallopian tubes (most likely the length), uterus, and ovaries
- The doctor mayask you the following questions:
- When exactly you did the previous operation and what sort of surgery you underwent?
- Have you ever been pregnant earlier and was it a healthy pregnancy?
- Have you ever been operated for any gynaecological disorders, pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroids, or endometriosis? Most of the doctors understand that surgery may cause scar tissue, which may adversely impact the outcome of the surgery.
Generally, medical history reveals that tubal reversal operation succeeds only if you have removed smaller parts of your fallopian tubes or if your tubes are blocked with clips or rings.
Doctors say that the best effect of reverse tubal ligation can be realized with a person below 40 years of age who had undergone tubal ligation just after child birth. This type of operation is called postpartum tubal ligation.
Statistics indicate that only one out of 200 females who got their tubes tied has chances to get pregnant after reverse tubal ligation. And in most of cases,the doctor conveniently forecasts the outcome and hence suggests the patient accordingly. But, in case the doctor fails to forecast the exact outcome to go for reverse tubal ligation and the patient conceives a baby, the pregnancy is likely to be quite critical and the person has high chances of getting pregnant at the exterior part of the fallopian tube, which is fatal and leads to severe injuries.
Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you make a concrete decision whether to go for a tubal ligation or not. You might want to also read about tubal ligation cost and side effects of tubal ligation